Problem Loading SharpMap.UI Into ViualStudio2015 using NUGet

Topics: SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Feb 7 at 5:49 PM
I am running Visual Studio2015 on a 64bit Windodw 10 OS. I created a fresh empty Windows Forms project, and used NuGet to load SharmMap and SharpMap.UI. The only version of SharpMap available through NUGet was 1.1.

I successfully created references and populated the Tool Box. When I dragged MapBox to the default window, the normal control outline appeared briefly, but then disappeared. Windows displayed an error box containing the following:

Microsoft Visual Studio

Failed to create the component 'MapBox'. The error message follows: Could not load the file or assembly "Common.Logging, Version 2.0.0.0 *** or one of its dependencies. The system can not find the file specified ***
at SharpMap.Forms.MapBox.cctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

(There is additional text [I have a screenshot of the whole message} about assembly binding including a comment that there can be a performance penalty.)

Can someone please explain this very confusing error? In particular, why is their a reference to 'CommonLogging' ? Do I need to include 'CommonLogging' in my project?
Coordinator
Feb 10 at 9:42 AM
SharpMap relies on Common.Logging for logging purposes.
Jun 23 at 12:15 AM
I am having the same issue. How was this resolved?
Coordinator
Jun 23 at 7:07 AM
When you add SharpMap.UI package to your project, you see a whole bunch of packages being added to your packages.project file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<packages>
  <package id="BruTile" version="0.7.4.4" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="Common.Logging" version="2.0.0" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="GeoAPI" version="1.7.2" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="NetTopologySuite" version="1.13.2" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="NetTopologySuite.IO" version="1.13.2" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="Newtonsoft.Json" version="4.5.11" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="ProjNET4GeoAPI" version="1.3.0.3" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="SharpMap" version="1.1.0" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="SharpMap.UI" version="1.1.0" targetFramework="net40-client" />
  <package id="System.Data.SQLite.MSIL" version="1.0.86.0" targetFramework="net40-client" />
</packages>
In your solution directory you have a packages folder, where you find a folder for all of these packages.
You need to create a new folder (SharpMap.VSIX) and copy the content of all their lib subfolders into this.
Then you can setup your toolbar based on the content of this folder.

I hope
Jun 27 at 6:45 PM
Thanks. I rebuilt the project using only the SharpMap packages from NuGet and it works fine now.

Regards,
Doug Woodall
[email removed]