This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Symbolize (ISymbolizer?) geometry based on feature data (in REAL TIME)

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, WinForms Controls
Apr 3 at 12:29 PM
Hi,

The Problem.
Display geometry (Points) as images with Different background color (Selection, Highlighting etc) based on user actions. So basically a set of points ( 10k max ) that should change its representation (Icon inside rectange with specific color) based on user actions... (in REAL TIME)

The How i do
Using Sharpmap v1.1.
Currently I'm trying to use UniqueValuesTheme. with basic feature data column
So I'm passing the image and location, creating appropriate style - Symbol( Image Icon ) and Fill (Action color), caching this Style and updating the Layer.Theme with new styles collection.
myLayer.Theme = new UniqueValuesTheme<int>("ActionColorId", uniqueStyles, myLayer.Style);
And finally adding feature data rows with specific action color id and geometry and refreshing whole? map.

The Questions
Can i create just one style with one ISymbolizer (PointSymbolizer) that will symbolize points based on feature data ? I only found that ISymbolizer can get only geometry data but not the feature data from the item.

What is the best way to use VariableLayerCollection, to render layers partially. Work only with Layer Datasource and change its items or create new datasource always and refresh the map?

Maybe there is a better approach You can suggest regarding my problem?