GDALRasterLayer

Topics: SharpMap Project
Feb 7, 2007 at 7:50 AM
I have rewrited the GDALRasterLayer without using the big swing binding and using VB.net bingding (move from GDAL vb bingding)instead .How can I do something for SharpMap?
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2007 at 8:38 AM
Hi,

If you don't use swig-based bindings, what do you use instead?
Please describe your approach a little bit.

regards
Christian
Feb 7, 2007 at 1:08 PM
I rewrite the GDAL vb bingding in vb.net,and I thought I also can write in C# later. I can give you my code. Sorry,my English is very good.
Feb 7, 2007 at 1:09 PM
GDAL vb bingding is in the source code of GDAL vb folder.
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2007 at 1:50 PM
Hi,

I don't see any advantages in your approach. The C# swig bindings are maintained by the GDAL guys
and also accessible from vb.net. So we don't take care about the maintanance about these bindings.
We tried to use a own GDALWrapper based on interops, but this ends in a support hell.

regards
Christian
Feb 7, 2007 at 2:11 PM
maybe but I think swing bindings is not very stable.I can not using C# swing binding in my system and I do not know why.I think we can using the way like dllimport to using GDAL directly.I perfer that way.
Leave this issue,thank you for your project.

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2007 at 4:28 PM
Hi,

My opinion is: Why should we maintain a interface additional,
if there exists an official one.
What issues have you with the swig bindings of GDAL.
May be I can help you.

If there are any problems with the swig bindings of GDAL please report them
to the GDAL irc channel(#gdal) or to bugzilla

regards
Christian
Feb 11, 2007 at 4:03 PM
Hi There, I tried using the GdalRasterLayer to open a mrSID imagery file and got a bunch of exceptions related to memory access violations. Does this mean that the current implementation does no support mrSID files? Thanks, Marcelo
Feb 11, 2007 at 4:42 PM
Please ignore my previous post... I've ran across a few suggestions on the "Current options for displaying Raster data" thread and it now works. I used srweal's suggestion of setting both pixelSpace and lineSpace to zero. I also saw that there is currently work being done on this issue...

Thanks, Marcelo