SharpMap V2 Demos

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v2.0
Nov 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

I recently downloaded and installed SharpMap V2 on an XP/VS2008/IE8 machine.  I followed the instructions at http://sharpmap.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Building%20SharpMap%20v2.0&referringTitle=SharpMap%20v2 and was able to download and compile everything fine.  The onyl part I was unsure on was "Make sure you have your working copies of the above libraries sited as peers within a common parent directory"... how do I site them as peers?  Other than that I had to add a NPack.dll to two rendering projects and it built fine.  When I try to run the web demo the main page shows up fine but if I click any of the links I get "<Exception>An Error Occured.</Exception>".  From what I read the demos may be incomplete and if so I would not mind updating them if I could get pointed in the right direction as to get rid of this error.

Nov 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I found my issue.  The DemoMapSetupUtility was calling the setupMsSqlSpatial instead of the shapefile method.  After I changed this I was able to get a map image to appear but there are no controls.  Is this expected behavior or is something still broken?