Need (paid) help with SharpMap (if I win the bid) ...

Topics: SharpMap Project, General Topics
Mar 14, 2007 at 7:55 AM
Dear SharpMappers

I hope this posting does not violate the terms of use, etcetera, because it is to some extent commercial of nature ... If such posting does violate the terms of use, and/or accepted use, please, let me know, and I will remove the posting immediately.

I am currently bidding for a project here in Cambodia in which one of the programs needs to show service centers in drilldown fashion "on a map". Apparently, the complete map of Cambodia is freely available in shapefiles (ESRI format).

I am not too familiar with GIS.

However, this is obviously not an "advanced" GIS application. It needs to manipulate a GIS viewer component, and then retrieve data from a database at the lowest level, to show the related database records. It should also show the environment of a service center, that was retrieved from the database in textual way. (2-way searching)

I was thinking of proposing sharpmap, for the viewer component in the bid. I hope sharpmap works sufficiently well... Anybody any comments about this?

I will need some (paid) help with the project, if I win the bid (cross fingers ...).

Person(s) who can do one or more of:
- manipulate/convert/massage the GIS files/cut out details/...
- make the viewer work correctly on those files
- work on the other database (SQL Server) modules and help out with the other stuff (one series of GUIs in winforms and one in asp.net)

The work is:
- home-based (in allotable time)
- email communication strongly preferred
- against the jointly agreed project plan milestones/delivery dates.
- fixed-price (because you know what you are doing, and what you don't know, you ask, before committing to anything ...).
- "impressive CV/resume" or a CV/resume "that can be made impressive", may seriously help to win the bid.
- Total project delay, from project award to final delivery, seems to be around 4 months (but negotiable)
- Payment according to milestones reached, in agreement with the customer.

Does anybody know of any such person(s)?

I am totally reasonable concerning financial conditions (and so is the customer).

I would be most pleased, if anybody could direct me to this/these person(s).

Many thanks
Erik
Mar 15, 2007 at 5:25 PM
Hi Erik,

we're just finishing deploying a project similar to yours, and everything worked fine.
We use a DotNetNuke custom module suite as our presentation layer, a SVG renderer with a sharpmap back end; both the business and the gis data are stored in a common SQL Server database, for which we used a LLBLGen Data access layer, so we implemented a llblgen provider to Sharpmap.
We had to import the vector data from ESRI Shape files mainly, and we use the raster driver to render large ECW files (+5GB).
We also had to deal with projecting all the layers to the same referential, since the source files were quite heterogenous. That, + the svg navigation control were probably the most difficult phases, though I think everything went rather smoothly.

Just let me know if you're interested by our experience.

Cheers.
Mar 16, 2007 at 5:33 AM
What email address can I contact you with?
Mar 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM
You can contact me at :
jsboige at aricie dot fr