Temporary location of SharpMap v2 on Google Code

Topics: General Topics
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2007 at 8:33 PM
Hey folks,

We're trying to get the project structure on CodePlex here to accommodate both v1 and v2 branches of the code, and it's taking time.

In the meanwhile, if you are the kind that likes to play with alpha quality code, I posted the current v2 of SharpMap on Google Code.

I don't expect to use the Google Code site for anything other than a temporary Subversion repository of the code, which you can use for anonymous read-only access. Once we get the CodePlex repository up to speed, I'll almost certainly remove the Google Code project so we don't unnecessarily fork.

As a brief overview: most of the rendering and presentation framework is complete, a GDI renderer exists, as well as an incomplete WinForms presenter. Completing this and moving on to a WPF renderer/presenter pair will be the next steps.

If you are interested in helping make sure that the GDI render works with the Web presentation, let me know.
Apr 11, 2007 at 3:40 PM
I would like to test it, but I couldn't find the right way to use the new framework. I understood how it should work (the presenter/viewer pair), but couldn't get it to work in a desktop application.
Could you provide a simple example (just showing a map with winforms)?
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2007 at 12:52 AM
The google code hosting is going to be removed soon, and moved over to CodePlex now that things are setup and the SVN bridge exists.