Files missing in SharpMap v2 repository?

Topics: SharpMap v2.0
Feb 18, 2010 at 3:01 AM

The following error message is encountered while trying to build SharpMap.Demo.MapViewer project:

Unable to create a manifest resource name for "DataSource\Gdal.resx". Could not find file 'D:\sharpmapv2-read-only\Demos\SharpMapWinFormsDemo\DataSource\Gdal.cs'.

Seems like Gdal.cs and ICreateRasterProvider.cs files are missing. Is this a problem with repository or I am missing some dependencies?

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Hello lotana,

did you pick any of the branches, or is it the solution from the trunk?

cheers

FObermaier

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Hi FObermaier, lotana, I think the files are missing from the trunk.. jd

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Hi lotana, I just checked, you can safely remove those two files from the SharpMap.Demo.MapViewer project.

They belong to the InitialGdalIntegration branch. I'll fix that

Hth FObermaier

Developer
Feb 19, 2010 at 4:58 PM

anyone experienced this error:

Errore 47 uscita dal comando "ipy.exe build.py && ipy.exe builduncompressed.py" con codice 1. C:\Progetti\SharpMap\trunk\SharpLayers\SharpMap.Presentation.Web.SharpLayers\SharpMap.Presentation.Web.SharpLayers.csproj 901 5 SharpMap.Presentation.Web.SharpLayers

Error 47 exit from  "ipy.exe build.py && ipy.exe builduncompressed.py" with code 1. C:\Progetti\SharpMap\trunk\SharpLayers\SharpMap.Presentation.Web.SharpLayers\SharpMap.Presentation.Web.SharpLayers.csproj 901 5 SharpMap.Presentation.Web.SharpLayers

and how to fix?

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Hi Diego, that is an issue somewhere in the bowells of iron python which I tried using to prep some javascript. You can either disable the whole sharplayers project or install another version of python  (http://www.python.org/download/ go for version 2.6) and change the macro in the sharplayers.csproj to

"build.py && buildcompressed.py"

cheers jd

Developer
Feb 19, 2010 at 8:28 PM

thanks for the quick reply: I've disabled the project but now i would try to install a newer python version :)

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Hello JD,

I am facing the same problem that D faced and I reinstalled the python version but it did not resolve the issue. Also I did not understand what does "change the macro in the sharplayers.csproj to "build.py && buildcompressed.py"" mean.....

I also tried to disable the sharplayers project but as there are other references to and from the project, it increased the number of errors. Is there any other way this error can be resolved?

MHV

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2010 at 5:50 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Hi MHV you may just need to set the default app for the .py extension.

>>Start Menu
>>Default Programs
>>associate a file type or protocol with a program

set it to "c:\Python26\python.exe" (assuming you didnt change from the defaults)  

AFAIK the only project that would reference the sharplayers project is the sharplayers demo which can also be unloaded /removed if you like.

BTW to edit the macro (which is probably unnecessary at this point):

>>unload the project.
>>right click on the project
>>edit xxx.csproj
>>Scroll down to the bottom

then the macros are the <Exec Command=".....

hth jd

EDIT: thinking about it you could just try running a .py file and setting the default app when prompted to do so..

Developer
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:40 AM

here's how I've foxed my project:

<Target Name="BeforeBuild">
    <!--<Exec Command="ipy.exe build.py &amp;&amp; ipy.exe builduncompressed.py" WorkingDirectory="$(ProjectDir)OpenLayers\Build\" />-->
    <Exec Command="c:\python26\python.exe build.py" WorkingDirectory="$(ProjectDir)OpenLayers\Build\" />
    <Exec Command="c:\python26\python.exe builduncompressed.py" WorkingDirectory="$(ProjectDir)OpenLayers\Build\" />
  </Target>

<Target Name="BeforeBuild">
    <!--<Exec Command="ipy.exe build.py &amp;&amp; ipy.exe builduncompressed.py" WorkingDirectory="$(ProjectDir)OpenLayers\Build\" />-->
    <Exec Command="c:\python26\python.exe build.py" WorkingDirectory="$(ProjectDir)OpenLayers\Build\" />
    <Exec Command="c:\python26\python.exe builduncompressed.py" WorkingDirectory="$(ProjectDir)OpenLayers\Build\" />	
  </Target>