PostGIS provider problem

Topics: Data Access, General Topics
Jun 19, 2007 at 6:42 PM
Hello All!
When I'm trying to compile the SharpMap dll with the PostGIS extension in the Visual Studio 2005 I receive the following error messages:
-------------------------------
Error 1 'SharpMap.Data.Providers.PostGIS' does not implement interface member 'SharpMap.Data.Providers.IProvider.GetGeometriesInView(SharpMap.Geometries.BoundingBox)'. 'SharpMap.Data.Providers.PostGIS.GetGeometriesInView(SharpMap.Geometries.BoundingBox)' is either static, not public, or has the wrong return type. C:\SharpMap\SharpMap\Data\Providers\PostGIS.cs 40 15 SharpMap

Error 2 'SharpMap.Data.Providers.PostGIS' does not implement interface member 'SharpMap.Data.Providers.IProvider.GetObjectIDsInView(SharpMap.Geometries.BoundingBox)'. 'SharpMap.Data.Providers.PostGIS.GetObjectIDsInView(SharpMap.Geometries.BoundingBox)' is either static, not public, or has the wrong return type. C:\SharpMap\SharpMap\Data\Providers\PostGIS.cs 40 15 SharpMap
-------------------------------

I've referenced the Npgsql.dll and the Mono.Security.dll and included the PostGIS.cs in the solution already, but the problem continues...
What's happening?

Thanks a lot!
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2007 at 6:48 PM
What code of SharpMap are you using?
Jun 19, 2007 at 8:11 PM
Hi! I'm using the 0.9.
Could you show me, in few steps, how to add the PostGIS data provider to the SharpMap? I can't find a good guide or tutorial to do this...
Thanks a lot!
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2007 at 8:40 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2007 at 8:44 PM

JulianoZaban wrote:
Hi! I'm using the 0.9.
Could you show me, in few steps, how to add the PostGIS data provider to the SharpMap? I can't find a good guide or tutorial to do this...
Thanks a lot!

Hi Juliano,

Does the signature of your "GetObjectIDsInView" method looks like this?

public Collection<uint> GetObjectIDsInView(SharpMap.Geometries.BoundingBox bbox)
{
}

regards
Christian