Dynamic segmentation in SharpMap 1.0 or 2.0

Topics: Data Access, Algorithms, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0, Web Controls, WinForms Controls
Sep 11, 2007 at 8:13 PM

Is it posible to implement what is in ESRI terminological environment called Dynamic segmentation??
I have a measurement shape layer, on witch I want to show points that are stored in a table with data of the segment of mesured line (first atribute) and distances from the starting point of each route (second atribute).
I want to show the second layer as a point layer.

I thank myself already in advance for any sugestion or help.

Sep 17, 2007 at 1:41 AM
Hi Mike -

SharpMap doesn't do this by default, but you might be able to simulate it. Do you want to do dynamic segmentation for labeling or symbology? If so, then you can use a custom label delegate or a custom theme delegate to make the label or symbology feature-dependent.
Sep 17, 2007 at 7:44 AM
Hello codekaizen.

First thanks for you response.
I want dynamic segmentation for symbology and later also for labeling. How can I use the custom label delegate or custom theme delegate?
I am curently also working on another way. The MsSqlSpatial has a function ST.LineInterpolatePoint, maybe i will work. I will later use the MsSqlSpartial provider to use the data.

I must also congratulate everybody for the excelent project and efort working toward a working opensource .NET GIS platform.
I am looking foward to contribute to the project in the future.

Chears, Mike