Newbie help with SRID.csv

Topics: Data Access, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0
Nov 1, 2007 at 3:53 PM
I am trying to integrate sharpmap into my application but I am running into a problem with the coordinate system of my data. It seems like my data is in 3601 (Oregon State Plan...etc..) but that is missing from the SRID.csv. I grabbed the projection info from my shapefile's prj and made it look like the existing entries in the csv. I rebuilt sharpmap but something still doesn't work. I was wondering if one of you Guru's would walk me though how to do this perhaps I could document it for future users.

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:53 PM
Hey lawdog -

Good to see another Oregonian using SharpMap!

I'm not clear what you are trying to do... the SRID.csv file is just for testing the code, and not really meant to be used in an application. Are you trying to convert from Oregon State Plane to something else?
Nov 2, 2007 at 1:00 AM
Thanks for clearning that up about the SRID file.

I am trying to make a wms request with crs=epsg:3601 and I get the following error-
="InvalidCRS">CRS not supported</

Thanks for the help.

PS Where in Oregon are you located?
Nov 2, 2007 at 1:37 AM
I don't know much about WMS other than how to spell it... however, I'm fairly sure you need to call GetCapabilities first. It could well be that Oregon State Plane isn't supported. In that case, you could easily just get any projection they have available and convert it to Oregon State Plane through a SharpMap coordinate transform.

P.S. I'm in the sunny mid-Willamette Valley... you?