plot a point on the map

Topics: General Topics
Oct 19, 2006 at 9:35 AM
hello sir,

could u plz help me to plot a particular point on the map. i want to do this using asp.net2.0,c#.very urgent.
Oct 19, 2006 at 4:00 PM
This is one example:
Oct 23, 2006 at 4:17 AM
thank u for ur help.
i implemented the code that was given in the link. but i get the following wahat shld i do "The type or namespace name 'Collection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

Oct 23, 2006 at 6:57 PM

instead of using collection use list it will work. just replace the word collection with list

Oct 23, 2006 at 9:24 PM

You have to use the following namespace: "System.Collections.ObjectModel"
Oct 25, 2006 at 6:17 AM

thanks a lot . now i can plot a point on the map.but the next step of my requirement is i have been given the latitude and longitude for the places and now i have to plot these places on the map. could u plz help to do this. these lats and longts are stored in sqlserver database.very urgent
Oct 25, 2006 at 8:19 AM
So, you have a set of lat/long pairs... and you want to display it along with some other data, right?

What is the other data?

Maps are composed of layers, and each layer has a particular coordinate system. If you want to display points in this coordinate system, you first have to set up a tranformation so that, say, 44.54 degrees N, 123.21 degrees W equals something in the coordinate system of your other layer(s).
Oct 25, 2006 at 9:03 AM
actually sir, i have the addresses of certain places like example: no.893 Clave Road, city -union,state Nj, zipcode 7803. i am just retrieving the latitude and longtitude value of these places using the hyerlink using the vlues that is given in this link.i want to plot the places.manually i can enter the adresses of the places and store it in database.but i dont know what corordinate is used . but i used vector layer to plot these places.
Oct 25, 2006 at 9:10 AM
sir may i knw how to set the coordinate systems for these layers.i may doubts may be simple but sorry sir, i am very new to this geographical area and new to sharpmap also
Oct 25, 2006 at 9:23 AM
and my raw data is shape file.i dont have any other resources.i have only a shape file and addresses of certain places
Oct 25, 2006 at 10:01 AM
is it possible to plot places on map only using latitude and longtitude values.
Oct 26, 2006 at 9:04 AM
is it possible to plot places on map only using latitude and longtitude values.

Oct 27, 2006 at 7:09 AM
sir very urgent. reply as soon as possible.