DemoWinForm or nMap

Topics: WinForms Controls
Feb 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM
Hi All,

There is a demo under the Releases tab titled DemoWinForm. I was wondering if the source code for this project is available. Either that or source code for the nMap application that appears on another page

Thank you!
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2008 at 1:55 AM
DemoWinForm is in the source tree - you can get it by downloading it or checking it out.
Feb 27, 2008 at 2:51 AM
Cheers!!!

I just found SharpMap today. I'm a total newbie ... but I LOVE IT!!! I have to build a proof-of-concept application to test some transportation related vehicle routing algorithms that I built and I have been in need of mapping functionality. I've been trying to build everything from scratch using GDI+, and I am no expert with GUI programming, so you can probably see at what level my frustration was.

One more question; is there a DemoWinForm built on SharpMap 2.0? 0.9 seems to do the trick for me, but I'd rather use something built on 2.0 if it's available.

You guys rock!!!!
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM
Not yet, but it's in the works. The next milestone is to get a decent Beta 2 of v2.0 out there (there are 3 unit tests failing at the moment). Once that happens, the examples will be reworked to use it.
Feb 28, 2008 at 1:34 PM
@ocodekaizen -- I've been travelling for the past month, and not bugging you :) What was the resolution to the Coordinates issue? Did you add coordinate sequences to NTS, or into SharpMap, or start a new assembly? I'll probably pull down the source code tomorrow and look at the state of things. Just was curious.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2008 at 4:16 PM
@Magnum4610 -

I was wondering what happened! ;)

After considering all the input, I did as suggested and put the coordinates in a separate assembly. I moved the code and project to the NTS source tree, as well, although this might not stay this way forever... I might move it down to NPack once I get a good handle on the design and refine the implementation. That way the vertex structures and processing engines can be bundled together, as they rely on each other.
Feb 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM

codekaizen wrote:
After considering all the input, I did as suggested and put the coordinates in a separate assembly...

Great. Thanks!