Try to compile sharpmap

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Nov 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Hello,

I'm a new sharpmap user. I have first try the software with a compiled sharpmap.dll, and everything was fine. But now I want to go more deeply in the soft, and when I take over some example, some classes are not known in my C# sample project (VS2008).

So after some researches, I have read it was needed to compile myself sharpmap, I suppose I need to use the 0.9.5 version,

OK But when I take over the source as described in the howto, and try to compile (0.9.5) in VS2008, I have a lot of errors...

For example:

- the branch 0.9.5, there is no 'geometries' sub-folder while in the solution there is a lot of .cs files in a 'geometries folder ? So I have delete the folder in the VS2008 solution. But there are needed for SharpmapExtension compilation...

-  the GeoAPI is not found --> I have to add manually the GEOAPI.dll as a reference of the sharpmap project

-  the Converter\Geometries\GeometryFactory.cs is present in the folder, but not in the solution? --> I have to add it manually in the VS2008 solution

-in Data\Providers\shapefile.cs : _CoordinateSystem = (GeoAPI.CoordinateSystems.ICoordinateSystem)SharpMap.Converters.WellKnownText.CoordinateSystemWktReader.Parse(wkt); --> CoordinateSystemWktReader not known

What's wrong ? Can you help me please ?

Thanks for your help

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I have not tried the branches v0.9.5. version for quite some time

If you do not need nts integration, stick with the version from trunk, otherwise you might want to try the v0.9.5-deltares branch.

Hth FObermaier

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed I don't need nts. In fact I don't know the goal of nts, if you could tell me...

So I can stay with 0.9.

However, what are differences beetween 2.0 or 0.9? I don't find information about this. It is a little bit difficult to understand.

And where can I find documentation about v2.0 ?

Thanks for your help.

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Edited Nov 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

NTS (NetTopologySuite) is a library to perform all kinds of operations, compute all kinds of spatial relations with 2D geometries.

For comparison v0.9/1.0 and v2, have a look at http://sharpmap.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Features&referringTitle=Home.
The page old, some of the work in progress remarks have been completed by now.

Hth FObermaier