SharpMap v0.9 is x86?

Topics: Algorithms, General Topics, SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0, WinForms Controls
Dec 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I developed both console app and windows forms app that used SharpMap v0.9. However, both apps must be set to x86 for their Platform Target. If I set Any CPU, both apps throw exception. Is SharpMap only callable by application that must be set to x86. The dlls that are used are:

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Have you tried to build these dll's from the source code together with your apps?

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I use source code of both SharpMap and SharpMap.SqlServerSpatialObjects, build dlls, copy the dlls to my apps (console app, and win forms app). Both apps must be set x86 to able to call those dlls. Any idea????

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM

No, thats the only one I've got. My dev-computer is still running XP and I've therefore no experience with setting it to other things than x86.

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:53 PM

hello kingofwebguru,

I'm not sure how the SharpMap projects are set atm, you should be safe setting it to AnyCpu, if you do not require SharpMap.Extensions project. This project is relying on native libraries which require 32bit environment.

You may need to compile Proj.Net ( and BruTile ( yourself in order to make it work.

Hth FObermaier