I am developing a Windows Forms application in C# to show/track large number of moving objects on a map. I would like to ask your suggestions about the following topics:
- which is the best layer type to show large numbers of (100-2000) moving objects
- moving update interval is 5-60 seconds/object
- objects should be labeled by one of their attributes (e.g. object name)
- objects should be symbolized based on their attributes (e.g. an object can be symbolized red, yellow and green point)
- is it possible to solve to refresh only 'tracking layer' when objects position changes? (I'm afraid map refresh would be 'expensive')
I am an new to SharpMap, so any suggestions from experienced developers would be appriciated!
Thanks in advance,