html map

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v2.0, Web Controls
Jul 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Hi,

I would like to know it is possible to generate an interactive image, without using any Web Control (it is a constraint of my developping environment). This can be done in HTML by using the <map> tag to define regions in the image, and associate events, such as on click. Everything is then done on the client side (the events are of course quite simple, such as a javascript alert()). Of course, the image and the <map> tag would be generated on the server side and sent to the client. Is it possible to use your library to generate this tag and have it define the regions from the Shapefile? I have already managed to get the png image. </map> </map>

<map> <map> </map> </map>

<map> <map> thank you for your help </map> </map>

<map> <map> amani </map> </map>

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Several years ago I wrote something that did exactly that but I can't find the code. Basically you can query the data provider to find matching shapes. For each shape create a hotspot and populate the coordinates using map.WorldToImage, beware that many real world coordinates will translate to the same image pixel so you probably need to remove duplicates. Also depending on your data hotspots can overlap, and only the unobscured i.e topmost one will be accessible.

good luck jd

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM

hi

I need to generate the HTML code or coordinates of points in my interactive image.  

thank you for your help