OpenStreetMap tile layer extremey slow in SharpMap

Topics: SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Aug 3, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I have a .net4 winforms app with sharp map. It uses openstreetmaps tile layer.
It works great, but when I installed this app to another PC (Windows small business server 2011) I recognized a very interesting and annoying thing:

- by ADMINISTRATOR user openstreetmap is as FAST as on my developer machine, very delighted with it

- by another USER, who has also admin rights, openstreetmap gets EXTREMELY SLOW :(
It is half a minute to load a 800x600 map...

I checked internet connection speed from this user account by speedtest.net, it is fast enough (30MBit/sec) .
There are no any apps running that need heavy network traffic.
I also tested googlemaps and bingmaps in SharpMap, they are also very slow in this account in Sharpmap.
I also checked their behavior from Internet browsers, they worked great on all of them, at very high speed.

What could be the reason of this problem?

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Hi, try download the lastest version of the BruTile.dll in the External References folder, it have some optimizations regarding this issue.

Problem is probably that the USER have "Automatically detect" proxy settings checked in Internet Explorer or have a script for proxy-configuration registred.

Please report back if the latest version of Brutile.dll solves your problem..

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Hello!

Very kind form you to help me so fast! So, I unchecked automatically detect lan settings in IE and it solved the problem! :)

Later I'll try the new dll and I'll inform you about its behavior.

Thx very much!

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Thx, now it is ok by using the new dll. :)