Is SharpMap Support Routing

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM
Good Day
I use SharpMap for display Map Street But I need Routing for finding Pathes between two locations on Map
Can Some one Help Me
Apr 30, 2008 at 2:39 AM
Hi esaaco, as far as I'm aware, SharpMap doesn't directly support routing. I've used QuickGraph ( to create a basic routing engine to complement my SharpMap rendered maps.
May 4, 2008 at 7:41 AM
Hello toreapango...
thanks for replay,but can you help me how can I usee Sharpmap with QuickGRaph, I downloaded QuickGraph Project but
I Can not use it.
May 5, 2008 at 4:34 AM
Hi esaaco,

You cannot use SharpMap or NTS geometries directly in QuickGraph. Rather, you need to load the data using SharpMap (my data is stored as a shapefile), and then convert the data into QuickGraph edges and nodes. I used the Shortest Path (Dijkstra) algorithm to calculate my routes.

This discussion should give you an idea of how to start using SharpMap:

See also for a graphical example using data listed in the above thread (unfortunately, the applet this web page uses doesn't seem to be running at the momement).

Further QuickGraph questions are probably best posted in the QuckGraph forums. Cheers.
May 5, 2008 at 8:58 AM
Hi esaaco,
the Topology Framework .NET ( might have done some job for you. It basically builds on NTS and QucikGraph.
Regards Johannes