Trunk/SharpMap.VS2008.sln Not Building

Topics: SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Developer
Sep 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM

This is probably a simple question. I tried to build the trunk using SharpMap.VS2008.sln solution and it blows up. It looks like a dependency is missing. The compiler is looking for...

IGeometryClassifier, IPuntal, SharpMap.Rendering.Symbolizer, etc.

I must have missed some changes since I have been using a snapshot of the SharpMap source code for a while. Do I need a reference to an external project or something. If you can tell me what it is, I will fix it in the trunk. 

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2011 at 12:02 AM

yes arwen, there have been some changes :). Please have a look at http://sharpmap.codeplex.com/discussions/267640.

We focused on the vs2010 solution.

Developer
Sep 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM

I don't have a copy of Visual Studio 2010. I guess the .Net 4.0 Framework does not work with VS2008. Did you decided to support VS2010 because you wanted to use the .Net 4.0 framework then?

Developer
Sep 3, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Hmmm, I still can not get the Tags/v0.9/2011-08-03 to compile either...

The compiler complains about IPointSymbolizer and Symbolizer. Very frustrating...

Does anyone know how to get the VS2008 / .Net 3.5 Framework version compiling?

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Arwen, so far there are no features used that require .net40, it should run with .net35 out of the box and .net20 with some work.

It is only that some files in the respective vs2008 project files are not included. I'll try to fix that tonight.

cheers

Felix

Developer
Sep 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Fantastic!! Thank you!

Coordinator
Sep 5, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Arwen, I added the missing files and changed project settings so that vs2008 should work.

I added TestGtk project to the vs2008 solution, and after I installed Gtk# 2.10 on my windows machine, the project ran smooth.

Hth FObermaier

Developer
Sep 5, 2011 at 3:12 PM

You the man! I'll take a look today. Thanks!!!

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I still cannot build visual studio 2008 solution. The following message appears SharpMap.Demo.Wms.csproj cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation. When I try to build the project the following errors occur Error    86    The type or namespace name 'NetTopologySuite' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsGeometryConverter.cs    21    7    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    87    The type or namespace name 'NetTopologySuite' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    23    7    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    88    The type or namespace name 'NetTopologySuite' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    24    7    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    89    The type or namespace name 'Feature' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    66    61    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    90    The type or namespace name 'GeometryFactory' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    73    26    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    91    The type or namespace name 'Feature' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    76    22    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    92    The type or namespace name 'PrecisionModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    101    40    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    93    The type or namespace name 'PrecisionModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    134    28    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    94    The type or namespace name 'Envelope' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsGeometryConverter.cs    171    57    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    95    The type or namespace name 'PrecisionModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    175    28    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    96    The type or namespace name 'Envelope' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsGeometryConverter.cs    180    62    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    97    The type or namespace name 'Envelope' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsGeometryConverter.cs    205    23    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    98    The type or namespace name 'Feature' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\Data\Providers\NtsProvider.cs    410    63    SharpMap.Extensions.VS2008
Error    99    Metadata file 'C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\bin\Debug\SharpMap.Extensions.dll' could not be found    ExampleCodeSnippets
Error    100    Metadata file 'C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\bin\Debug\SharpMap.Extensions.dll' could not be found    WinFormSamples.VS2008
Error    101    Δεν ήταν δυνατή η εύρεση του ονόματος του τύπου ή του χώρου ονομάτων 'Ogr' (λείπει μια οδηγία using ή μια αναφορά συγκρότησης;)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\DemoWebSite\App_Code\MapHelper.cs    238    21    C:\...\DemoWebSite\
Error    102    Δεν ήταν δυνατή η εύρεση του ονόματος του τύπου ή του χώρου ονομάτων 'Ogr' (λείπει μια οδηγία using ή μια αναφορά συγκρότησης;)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\DemoWebSite\App_Code\MapHelper.cs    261    36    C:\...\DemoWebSite\
Error    103    Δεν ήταν δυνατή η εύρεση του ονόματος του τύπου ή του χώρου ονομάτων 'Ogr' (λείπει μια οδηγία using ή μια αναφορά συγκρότησης;)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\DemoWebSite\App_Code\MapHelper.cs    269    36    C:\...\DemoWebSite\
Error    104    Το όνομα τύπου ή χώρου ονομάτων 'PostGIS' δεν υπάρχει στον χώρο ονομάτων 'SharpMap.Data.Providers' (λείπει μια αναφορά συγκρότησης;)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\DemoWebSite\App_Code\MapHelper.cs    439    63    C:\...\DemoWebSite\
Error    105    Το όνομα τύπου ή χώρου ονομάτων 'PostGIS' δεν υπάρχει στον χώρο ονομάτων 'SharpMap.Data.Providers' (λείπει μια αναφορά συγκρότησης;)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\DemoWebSite\App_Code\MapHelper.cs    450    60    C:\...\DemoWebSite\
Error    106    Το όνομα τύπου ή χώρου ονομάτων 'PostGIS' δεν υπάρχει στον χώρο ονομάτων 'SharpMap.Data.Providers' (λείπει μια αναφορά συγκρότησης;)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\DemoWebSite\App_Code\MapHelper.cs    457    60    C:\...\DemoWebSite\
Error    107    Το όνομα τύπου ή χώρου ονομάτων 'GdalRasterLayer' δεν υπάρχει στον χώρο ονομάτων 'SharpMap.Layers' (λείπει μια αναφορά συγκρότησης;)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\DemoWebSite\App_Code\MapHelper.cs    541    33    C:\...\DemoWebSite\
Error    108    Το όνομα τύπου ή χώρου ονομάτων 'GdalRasterLayer' δεν υπάρχει στον χώρο ονομάτων 'SharpMap.Layers' (λείπει μια αναφορά συγκρότησης;)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\DemoWebSite\App_Code\MapHelper.cs    542    41    C:\...\DemoWebSite\
Error    109    Metadata file 'C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\bin\Debug\SharpMap.Extensions.dll' could not be found    UnitTests.VS2008
Error    110    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\MainWindow.cs    8    25    TestGtk
Error    111    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\generated.cs    9    36    TestGtk
Error    112    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\MainWindow.cs    9    39    TestGtk
Error    113    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\MainWindow.cs    10    25    TestGtk
Error    114    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\MainWindow.cs    12    25    TestGtk
Error    115    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\MainWindow.cs    14    25    TestGtk
Error    116    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\MainWindow.cs    16    25    TestGtk
Error    117    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\MainWindow.cs    18    25    TestGtk
Error    118    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\generated.cs    19    17    TestGtk
Error    119    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\MainWindow.cs    20    25    TestGtk
Error    120    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\gtk-gui\generated.cs    24    17    TestGtk
Error    121    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\MainWindow.cs    47    53    TestGtk
Error    122    The type or namespace name 'Gdk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\MainWindow.cs    54    24    TestGtk
Error    123    The type or namespace name 'Gtk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Christof\Documents\ASP.NET\sharpmap-92437\Trunk\GtkFormSamples\MainWindow.cs    66    62    TestGtk

Some of the errors are in Greek but I suppose you can understand what the error is. I try to compile trunk version 92437 on visual studio 2008 professional edition

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Please revert to revision 92342.

The latest changes were done on the VS2010 solution and need to be ported to the VS2008 solution yet.

The SharpMap.Demo.WMS project needs, iirc ASP.NET MVC 2 (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=22079).
The TestGtk project needs Gtk# installed. There is a readme.

Hth FObermaier

[UPDATE] I fixed the vs2008 solution, it should build allright, presuming you have asp.net mvc 2 and gtk#

Developer
Sep 9, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Thanks for fixing that. I was also thinking it may be nice if there was another solution file (called SharpMap.VS2008.Core.sln) that just contained references to the core projects used to compile the primary SharpMap assemblies. It could contain just the SharpMap, SharpMap.Extensions, and SharpMap.UI projects. I usually have to remove 3 or 4 of the other projects from the solution before I can get it to compile because I don't have a lot of the dependencies that these projects require; like MSSqlSpatial, SQL Server, etc. I think most people are not going to have Gtk# installed either. This way people that are new to SharpMap can just load the core solution and be guaranteed that it will compile. I will commit this solution file if you think it is a good idea. Cheers, Atv 

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2011 at 7:06 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.