Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v2.0
May 9, 2008 at 8:29 AM
Edited May 9, 2008 at 9:05 AM
In my SharpMap.Extensions(I think the Version is 1 month ago), System hint that the Namespace OGR and Namespace GDAL is not exist or can not be found in the Project ,although I have referred the gdalcsharp.dll to SharpMap.Extensions and add "using OSGeo.GDAL;" to the correlative .cs. So How to solve this question I need? I find that OGR is a library of GDAL, why not use gdal.dll?
May 9, 2008 at 10:28 AM
Edited May 9, 2008 at 11:34 AM
OGR is part of GDAL
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDAL
'The related OGR library (which is part of the GDAL source tree) provides a similar capability for simple features vector data.'

There is a working sample of OGR in the WinFormSamples
You need to copy the unmanaged dlls of fwtools 2.2.0 to the bin directory of your SharpMap project.

The managed gdal/ogr dlls are already part of the Extensions project so you do not need to add them yourself.

oops, sorry, you were talking about v2
May 10, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Hi! pauldendulk.
Yee,what I used is V2.0.You said that the dll is unmanaged,so I need to run the FWTool2.2.0 to get the dll?This can solve OGR and GDAL in the sharpmap all,or use diffierent dll of the FWTool product? You say the GDAl/OGR dlls are already part of Extensions,but why not to discover I do the dlls in Extension's bin? It also do not find in referrence of Project of Extension.
I want to use the sharpmap in GML,then you can tell me the latest progress of sharpmap with it?
Best !