GeoTiff Spec to load in SharpMap

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:11 AM
Dear friends,

I've problem to loading geotiff  images in SharpMap.
Some Of Tiff maps were loaded successfully but some ones loaded but show just a blank image with White or Black color.
I make my tiff images by ESRI ArcMap from shp Shape maps. When i choose Export map menu and select tiff extension, there are many options such as Color Depth, Compression, Background, geotiff tags, etc.
After exporting the map, I assign a spatial reference with arc catalog.

I exported the map with different selections of this options but any of them don't work.
Could any one comment me how i can export a shape map to a geotiff map that are loaded correctly in Sharp Map?
Is there any special specs for GeoTiff Maps to load in Sharp Map?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you kindly.

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:42 PM
It looks like the only Arc export Color Modes currently supported by SharpMap are 24-bit True Color and 8-bit Grayscale.  It would not be difficult to add support for the other options.
Jun 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM
Dear dan3258,

Thank you for your comment,
I've exported a shape file to a geotiff raster Map with 24-bit True color and Assigned to it proper Spatial refrence But when i load that into Sharpmap, just a white blank page is shown.
Do you know what is wrong in GeoTiff Map exporting fram a shape By Arc Map?
Any comments are appreciated.

ِ
Jun 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM
Hmm...I am repeating the steps you've taken, and it seems to work fine for me.  Does the tiff load ok before you assign the spacial reference?  Are you zooming to extents?  Do you have the newest version of sharpmap?