Building SVN

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap Project, SharpMap v2.0
Jul 4, 2008 at 2:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to build the latest revision of the SVN of SharpMap 2.0. I have checked out all the required projects and tried to compile but I keep running into some errors.

"The name 'StandardMapTools2D' does not exist in the current context" - MainForm.cs:120 of DemoWinForm <-- There are many like this

Is this a problem with my setup or are these errors just because of the fluid state of the source code at the moment?

Thanks

Chris
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2008 at 2:55 PM
Hi Chris, as far as i know DemoWinForm is not an active part of the solution currently, hth jd
Jul 4, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Ah ok, I see you don't need the DemoWinForm project to compile to use the SharpMap DLL. How about using SharpMap with ASP.NET. I notice theat there is a folder called SharpMapASP created by the SVN client but I can't see how to build the contents. There is not a global solution file like there is with SharpMap.

Thanks

Chris
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2008 at 3:18 PM
preliminary Asp.Net stuff is here http://code.google.com/p/sharpmapv2aspnet/ - it requires some minor tweaks to the core code (such things as making a few methods virtual).. hth jd