public partial class Form1 : Form
{
SharpMap.Data.Providers.MsSqlSpatial shp;
SharpMap.Map map;
public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private void btnMapa_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
shp = new SharpMap.Data.Providers.MsSqlSpatial("Data Source=IBRA\\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=Shp;Integrated Security=True", "Mapas", "the_geom", "oid");
shp.GeometryExpression = "ST.MakeEnvelope(673017.490, 7181298.377, 673117.490, 7181398.377,-1)";
CriaMapa();
pictureBox1.Image = map.GetMap();
}

private void CriaMapa()
{
map = new SharpMap.Map(pictureBox1.Size);
SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer layer = new SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer("preview layer");
layer.DataSource = shp;
layer.Style.Line = new Pen(Color.Blue);
layer.Style.Outline = new Pen(Color.Black);
layer.Style.EnableOutline = true;
layer.Style.Fill = Brushes.Green;
map.Layers.Add(layer);
map.ZoomToExtents();
}
}
}

If somebody has some sample, I thank

Ibraim Mansur
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2007 at 6:56 PM
Hi Ibraim,

Please try to run your sample without this line:
>> shp.GeometryExpression = "ST.MakeEnvelope(673017.490, 7181298.377, 673117.490, 7181398.377,-1)";

Bye
Christian
Jan 23, 2007 at 7:13 PM
Without this line it´s return the whole map.
I need to filter through these coordinates
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2007 at 7:22 PM
Hi,

Okay, then use:

myMap..ZoomToBox(new SharpMap.Geometries.BoundingBox(10, 10, 100, 100));

regards
Christian
Jan 24, 2007 at 10:49 AM
I'm trying to do something very similar to the OP - ie. trying to filter the data returned by MsSqlSpatial. I found that if I use, for example:

map.ZoomToBox(new SharpMap.Geometries.BoundingBox(311667.753574452, 168321.2111899, 312732.700916047, 168900.648377004));

Even though the image is actually produced and saved by my Web application, and it shows the correct area (in beautiful quality, I might add!), I get a timeout error from the actual webpage. Ie.

"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

The stacktrace shows:

"SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857242
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734854
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +31
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +62
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar() +137
SharpMap.Data.Providers.MsSqlSpatial.GetExtents() +220
SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer.get_Envelope() +43
SharpMap.Map.GetExtents() +76
SharpMapTest.Test.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1242
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061"

Now this is weird as the image is produced and saved to the temporary directory in around a second or so, yet the application appears to be still working and times out.

If I remove the MsSqlSpatial layer from the application, ie. leaving just layers from SHP files, there is no problem and it doesn't timeout.

Any ideas as to what's going on here?

Dylan