Warning on opening the solution

Topics: General Topics
Aug 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

When I open the current trunk version, I get a warning dialog box

"Source Control - Unable to Access Database"

"The associated source control plug-in is not installed or could not be initialized. Common causes for this error include server unavailability and/or incorrect workspace mappings."

Then there are two option (radio buttons):

"Temporarily work uncontrolled"

"Permanently remove source control association bindings"

Then OK and Help buttons.

Help wasn't much help in this case :-)

I guess that there is an expected source control plugin. However I don't see it identified in the documentation, and I don't have enough VS fu to figure it out from the source tree.

Can anyone tell me which source control plug-in is required?

Thanks.

Editor
Aug 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM

When I open the project in the 99313 version the SharpMap.Demo.Wms project is not loaded. I was Trying to update the framework at 4.0.3 (in the project file was one of the differences) but still not works !

Developer
Aug 27, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Tummi wrote:

When I open the project in the 99313 version the SharpMap.Demo.Wms project is not loaded. I was Trying to update the framework at 4.0.3 (in the project file was one of the differences) but still not works !

What version of Visual Studio do you use? What kind of error do you see in the output window?

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2012 at 7:51 AM

@bradhards:

The source control plugin that the solution is asking for is the "Visual Studio Team Foundation Server" plugin.
I set that, because we are currently restructuring the whole thing. This may involve some operations that are bound to fail using the Subversion along with Codeplex' SvnBridge.

For evaluation purposes you can safely get the solution using some subversion client and remove the source control bindings permanetly.

Hth FObermaier

Editor
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:29 AM
D_Guidi wrote:
Tummi wrote:

What version of Visual Studio do you use? What kind of error do you see in the output window?

The version is Visual Studio 2010 10.40219.1 SP1Rel the message is

C:\myusername\Downloads\sharpmap-99313\Trunk\Examples\SharpMap.Demo.Wms\SharpMap.Demo.Wms.csproj : error  : Impossibile aprire il file di progetto

(impossible open the project file)

Developer
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM

be sure to install also MVC3: http://www.asp.net/mvc/mvc3

Editor
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Now works !