SharpMap.Geometries missing from main sharp map assembly.

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Editor
Aug 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Lot's of the how-to's and examples use it.

Iv'e done a complete SVN update from the latest source, done a clean all, rebuild entire solution yet still no SharpMap.Geometries namespace

The only place I find anything remotely close is in

GeoAPI.Geometries.Coordinate

but since that doesn't have the GetBoundingBox() method then I can't do what I'm attempting to which is using the code from here

http://sharpmap.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Get%20features%20from%20a%20click%20on%20the%20map&referringTitle=How%20to...

I'm using VS2010 64 bit ultimate under Win7 64 bit enterprise, and have all the satisfied dependencies required.

acording to the reference properties, my source download is building the following

SharpMap

Description: SharpMap v0.9

Runtime Version v4.0.30319

Version 0.9.4614.25121

SharpMap.Extensions

Description & Runtime: Same

Version: 0.9.4625.41033

SharpMap.UI

Description: Empty String

Runtime Version: Same

Version: 0.9.4614.25125

Source / Build folder is being synced with : https://sharpmap.svn.codeplex.com/svn

What am I missing, for this assembly not to be found?

Cheers

Shawty

Developer
Aug 31, 2012 at 7:33 AM

as a suggestion: with SVN, try to delete your folder and take a complete checkout from repository (and not simply an update).

I'm, using svn and svnbridge, and in the past I've experienced strange behaviors.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 9:22 AM

SharpMap.Geometries are missing from your assembly because they have been removed in favor of GeoAPI/NTS geometries.

The geometry code is still in the repository though. Updating the documentation is surely necessary.

Hth FObermaier

Editor
Aug 31, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Ahh gotcha.  I thought "GeoAPI/NTS" was the 'OLD' way of doing it and the Geometries was the 'NEW' , now I see I had that the wrong way round.

When I have a little bit of time on my hands (Quite rare at the moment) I may volunteer to do some Documentation updates.  Seems a lot of these GIS based projects on codeplex desperately need documentation updates.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 2:34 PM
shawty wrote:
When I have a little bit of time on my hands (Quite rare at the moment) I may volunteer to do some Documentation updates.  Seems a lot of these GIS based projects on codeplex desperately need documentation updates.

I gave it a shot. Just in case you find time, I added you as Editor so you can immediatly fix things you find out to be wrong :)

Editor
Sep 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Hi, yea I just noticed.  I was sitting scratching my head for a moment at the email I received, then I realised, so I cam along here to check.

I'll certainly try to get in and do some edits, however between all my other comitments, and Helping to run the Lidnug C# users group on Linked-in I don't have an awful lot of time.

My Book that I'm writing (Which I also mentioned in the DotSpatial discussions) is using 'SharpMap' as the Library of choice for the final chapter project to create a simple GIS application in .NET so I do now have a reasonable understanding of things.

As soon as I can grab some time, I'll have a look and see what I can tidy up.

Cheers

Shawty