Is v0.9 still the official release?

Topics: SharpMap v2.0
Feb 18, 2009 at 2:10 AM
Is v0.9 still the official release? When will the v2.0 be released, thanks.
Feb 18, 2009 at 7:49 AM
This is a question in which i also want an answer :)
I yesterday converted my desktop application from v.0.9 to v2 with a lot of effort these  days. The changes are sustantial.But many features are missing or are unstable.
it would be nice to know expected stable release date of version 2  also.
As you can imagine It is important to know in order for us to decide.
Is there a timeline or a roadmap?

Thanks,
Agelos
Feb 18, 2009 at 9:55 AM
it would also be nice to know which of the geometries metrods are actualt implemented especialy 
Within
Union
Touches
Overlaps
Intersection
Intersects
EqualsExact
Difference
Crosses
ConvexHull
Contains
Buffer

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Edited Feb 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Hi Yuren and Agelos, for now v0.9 is still the official release, though the trunk on codeplex is far more up to date and stable (choose that over the release if you are using 0.9).
V2 will be released 'when it is ready'- at present we are remodelling the whole rendering pipeline and this involves writing a new rasterizer to replace GDI.
By all means use v2 if _your_ evaluation of it says it does what _you_ need but be prepared for a few bumps along the way, at present it is definately in the 'early adopter' stage..
Timelines are hard to predict - it is a small (but dedicated) team with other commitments, however we are making reasonable progress. WRT relate ops in v2 go - as far as I know,  all are implemented (however the overloads that take a tolerance param are not).
We still have our weekly dev meetings on irc (freenode.net channel #sharpmap) every wednesday 20:00 UTC  (in fact we are often on irc anyway) feel free to drop by..
hth jd