sharpmap & TMS

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Mar 12, 2009 at 6:36 AM
hi all, and john.

i have a big size picture, and want to browse it with openlayers. The effect will be like this website
it use TMS as data provider. If i use OL image layer to load picture directly, OL could not tile this picture, so it will response slowly when we browse.

my question is how to use sharpmap to generate TMS service? after that, i can use OL TMS layer to load tiles.

thanks in advance. code will be better. :-)
Mar 12, 2009 at 8:31 AM
If you want to generate a tilecache you could look at That is what my we have been using. You need a WMS to provide the images though. You could try to use SharpMap as a WMS.

If you prefer to generate tiles with C# you could look at You could write a script around it that does WMS-C requests to your WMS and saves the result to a filecache.

I still have plans to integrate it with SharpMap.

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:57 AM
thanks pauldendulk.

i have success in using to generate tiles from WMS. 
but how to publish the general picture (such as travelling photo, family photo...) as WMS ?
in the other word, how to load the photo into sharpmap ? and then the WMS request's BBOX units is pixel ? and what is the CRS code in this condition ?
because the photo does not contain any geographic coords...
Mar 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM
If you don't want to combine your photo with any geographical data it doesn't matter which CRS or BBOX you choose (although the BBOX must have the correct ratio).

What you could do is use some gis tool, like FWTools, to georeference the image with arbitrary values, and then load that image in SharpMap using gdalrasterlayer. 

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM
hi paul.

i have installed fwtools2.2.8, what work should i do to georeference the photo?
this is my first installation of fwtools. and which menu can do this work?