My ajaxmap doesn't load when I used sharpmap 1.1?

Topics: SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Apr 3, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Edited Apr 3, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Hello everyone, I ran into another problem while trying to load ajaxmap. I got the sample from this link:

However, when I updated my sharpmap library to 1.1 and .net framework to 4.5, the map doesn't load anymore. It doesn't throw any error either. Not sure what's the problem is.

Have anybody successfully used this demo with SharpMap 1.1? Could you share the demo please?

I really need this so please help me.

Thanks you very much.
Apr 3, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Edited Apr 3, 2014 at 3:46 AM
When I mouse over the map, I can see the coordinate of my mouse but not the map. Here is the converted version that I have done using sharpmap 1.1. The whole site can be downloaded from this link:

Thank you.
Apr 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Anybody could help me please? Thanks
Apr 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM
I thought from the other post you made, you might have given up on the ajax map control and started trying to use openlayers?
Apr 7, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Hello Robert, I got the ajax example from the site. It seems to have what I am trying to do and I could not find a working example of what I want to do using openlayers and sharpmap together. Do you have any working example you could share? The sharpmap version should be 1.1 as a lot of examples using sharpmap 0.9 don't work anymore when sharpmap 1.1 is used.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that the asp control is not going to be developed any further than 0.9. There's no point trying to reinvent the wheel as openlayers can do everything the asp can do plus a lot more.

There is a good book by Erik Hazard on using openlayers which will have you up and running after just a few chapters. Once you have learnt the basics, then you can start to experiment by combining openlayers and sharpmap WMS server. The learning curve is steep, but not too challenging. Just posting some sample code won't really help as there is a lot of configuration and basic understanding that needs to be gained first.