satellite View in basemaps

Topics: SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Nov 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM
I am trying to use satellite view in bing maps. but it is showing incorrect location. Google maps satellite view is not working. even mapquest aerial view is throwing 404-not found exception like google does. Bing satellite is working but not pointing to right locations. it is not in sync with my layers. Terrain, road views are working but i do not want labels in them.

i have seen the issue link :
  1. has the bing map issue solved now? will it be solved if i use latest brutile dll? what should i do to make the bing maps work? I understood the authorization issue with googlemaps.
  2. What could be the reason mapquest aerial view is not working?
  3. where can i find free satellite image files to use them as background layers?
  4. This is another problem: I have some shoreline shapefiles which display like lines. when i use google or mapquest maps, my shapefile is aligning with basemap. but in plain map, only line is appearing. all of my other layers are disappearing.
pls help!!
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:01 AM
  1. There is a new BruTile package out (v0.10.1)that I'm about to adopt. I'll see if the "NorthAmerica" issue is resolved.
  2. I don't know, maybe they changed server names or rest api.
  3. You could use a MapBox tiles (MBTiles) file.
  4. Can't tell without seeing some code
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Thank you for the response.

I am trying to use tiff file that i downloaded from . I need to transform this to webmercator as
discussed in

I am getting an exception that transformation cannot be completed at poles. I read that it is an issue with projnet.dll as discussed in

my shoreline shape files are aligning when i transform them. So, i need to transform this tiff file which i am using as background layer. 1. what should i do?
  1. Is there any way to remove/hide labels from google map terrain view or mapquest?
waiting to hear from you...
Nov 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM
SharpMap does not reproject rasters, you have to use some other tool to do that (e.g. gdal_warp).
There is no way of removing labels from tiles.