new to sharp map

Topics: SharpMap Project
Jun 25, 2009 at 3:50 AM

hi i am new to sharp map. i am working on GCS and i am to make a path follower so please help in generating a path on sharp map on a shape file.

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:05 AM

Hi Fawad... ur question is not very clear that actually what u actually want to do? Is it generating a shortest path based on any kinda criterion? or what? plz elaborate 

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:15 AM

on GCS(Ground Control Station of UGV(unmanned ground vehicle)) i will draw a path in the map then i will get those coordinates from the map and then i will transmit it to the vehicle, which ti will follow that path throw those coordinates

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:30 AM

If you look at the "How to" section of the front page there are two examples that will help you with this (i think)

First the "Get Features from a click on the map" shows how to capture mouse click events, something like this:

SharpMap.Geometries.Point p = mapImage1.Map.ImageToWorld(e.Location);

Then the add geometry point example show how to combine those into a line.

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Hi Fawad, do you mean that u want to keep a record of the place u have clicked ? im looking at a problem like that , it requires that the path of their clicks are recorded so that they could review have u got an idea on your probs? maybe we can discuss it together