Small Vehicle Tracking Solution...

Topics: Español, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0, Web Controls
Jun 28, 2009 at 7:58 AM
Edited Jun 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hi All...

I have to do this small webapp :

1. Create a login window... where the user can log in, reading data from a mysql database... all the login info must be in a new database…
  2. I need to read coordinates data from a SQL Server database in another windows server… via  VPN access… the table has the fields Lat and Lon...
  3. I need to add, in the left side of the map page, a textfield where the user can type a carID...
  4. After the user types the carID the car has to appear in the center of the map…
  5. When the client logs in... all the cars that he has registered on the database, has to appear in the map... 
  6. I need another place where you can add the carID, an ini date and end date (no more than 7 days) and when the user click the “query” button, in the map, must appear the track of the car during that last dates... each point must have a color, red (car stop), speed 0-80km(green), speed 80+(blue)...  reading data from the database...

Thats all, I think must of the queries has to be done calling a store procedure...

My question is :

1. Is this tasks posible in a webapp using Sharpmap?
  2. How can I work with this dynamic call to the database Lat/Lon fields?
  3. How can I pass the parameters?
  4. How can I keep the same zoom extent everytime I refresh the map?
  5. How the VPN connection string to the database should be?

That's all for the moment...

Thanks...

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Hi ccanales,

1 - yes you can use sharpmap to do this type of thing, though there is no MySql specific provider. You could either write one or use the generic OledbPointProvider

2 - You would probably use the Filter property of a provider to pass the carID/ init/end dates

3 - the providers run dynamic sql the parameters are merely text appended to the sql string set via the Filter

4 - that is up to you - it could be a param in a query string, session or database

5 - SharpMap/your app would have no control over vpn; servers are located via dns/netbios/ip address etc vpn should be transparent to the app and just 'be there' to tunnel through

cheers jd

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Thanks for your answer, I will try and ask again if I have another doubt... Thanks...

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Hi ccanales,

Have you created this project?

Can you help me about send data from gps tracker to server and retreive data in server from the gps tracker? how can i do it?