BruTile layer re-projection

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0
Aug 19, 2015 at 1:57 PM
Hi, i'm currently creating a map with OS British National Grid reference backcloth tiles served-up via a local GeoServer instance and overlaid with WFS vector data. With a tick-box coded up on my app I can then disable the GeoServer WMS tiles and instead use one of the pre-defined BruTile sources as an async tile layer. I've added an OnMouseMove handler and the co-ordinates supplied by the GeoAPI::Geometries::Coordinate instance are BNG Eastings and Northings which verifies the native CRS in play.

The problem I have though is that the when I disable the GeoServer tiles are enable the BruTile async layer, the fetched/display tiles place me just off the shore of Ghana! Is there a way to influence or set the async tile layer destination CRS?
Aug 20, 2015 at 6:04 AM
On-the-fly reprojection for tiles is not implemented.
Aug 20, 2015 at 7:23 AM
Thanks. After reading a few other posts I was beginning to realise this. I've decided a viable workaround would be to have two instances of the vector layers, one untransformed (OS BNGR) and another invisible/disabled transformed to web mercator. I'll toggle the two vector layers visibility as the user toggles between local backcloth tiles and BruTile async tile sources.
Aug 20, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Not knowing the amount and kind of your vector data, on-the-fly reprojecting of vector data is supported.