Question about query

Topics: Algorithms, General Topics, SharpMap v2.0, WinForms Controls
Oct 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Hi, i´m using sharmap v2.0 and i have some SHP. One of them show the streets of a city. I want to obtain coodinates of the intersection between two streets and then draw a point in the map in these coordinates, any help o maybe example of how do it? , i´v seen the documentation and only find examples of how obtain information about a shape in a clicked point but i wat to obtain that point without click it. 

Oct 17, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Hi WizardMCPD, if you are using the real v2 from googlecode you can use IGeometry.Intersection(IGeometry other) otherwise you need to convert to NTS geometries and use Geometry.Intersection(Geometry other) (iirc).. hth jd 

Oct 17, 2009 at 1:46 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM

hi john thanks for the answer, i´m new in sharpmap´s world and searching in the documentation i´ve learned the basic things, however i´m not finding a basic example of Geometry.intersection.

I´ve seen the use of filterdelegate  in many examples but still can´t understand how to make the filter criteria. do you know where find a basic example of this?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:53 PM

are you using the code from

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Yes i´m using that code, i´ve seen the example for winforms, but in it you query a point clicking on the map control and then the demo shows the data about that clicked point. What i really want to do is the inverse thing: perform a query on the dbf file for street name and then transform it to point coordinates, and then mark it in the vectorlayer. 

The example seems a little advanced, do you know another more simple example ?

Thanks john!