Indexed raster in TAB files

Topics: Data Access
Apr 12, 2007 at 6:07 AM
I have a couple of huge raster maps in MapInfo .TAB files. The maps are split up in segments of 10x10 Km contained in each indivitual .TAB, and one master .TAB file contains coordinates of each segment.

After reading in this forum i get the impresion that the 3rd party provider to TAB files cant handle Raster and that raster-trees in general arent fully implemented yet.

I need an overview of my options for accessing these raster-mapt through sharpmap.

Is there any 3rd party solutions that can help?
Can I convert my maps into a more usable format? How?
Has anybody had any success with indexed raster-maps in some way?
Jun 20, 2007 at 12:50 AM
I'm testing raster indexing in v2.0 now. Where might I get large TAB file samples?
Jun 20, 2007 at 2:12 AM
Please help me for this issue too.. cause i've tried for a month and nothing can I do to display raster map..

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:20 AM

sethbourne wrote:
Please help me for this issue too.. cause i've tried for a month and nothing can I do to display raster map..

What kind of raster data do you have?
Jun 20, 2007 at 6:56 AM
I've JPG file raster that have been registered using mapinfo for coordinating the file.
Jun 20, 2007 at 3:02 PM
I don't have any experience with MapInfo. Do you know if it produces a JPEG2000 image with the spatial registration embedded in it?
Jun 21, 2007 at 2:12 AM
Well first of all.. my JPG Raster file is a scanned map which is dont have any registration embedded on it (only register using map info). did you mean that i've to register my scanned map using JPEG2000 ? what raster layer do i've to use after that in sharpmap ? is it gdalraster layer ?

Jun 22, 2007 at 11:39 PM
GDAL supports a variety of JPEG files, but I'm not sure how MapInfo registers a JPEG file. Does it embed the referencing in the JPEG, or does it produce a separate file? What is the extension of the JPEG MapInfo produces after it registers it?
Jun 24, 2007 at 4:02 AM
mapinfo can produce into JPEG2000 (jp2) but i dont know how to register it's coordinate data. cause after it's created the jp2 files, the coordinate it's not register on it's file.

What do you use to register Raster Image ?