Installation assistance

Topics: General Topics
Aug 20, 2006 at 1:24 PM
Hi, could anyone assist me to get started? I've extracted the files but when i try to open default.aspx i get:

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SharpMap' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

many thanks,

Aug 20, 2006 at 2:14 PM
Compile SharpMap and SharpMap.UI and put them in the \bin\ folder of the demowebsite.
Aug 20, 2006 at 4:42 PM
Forgive my ignorance, how do i compile them?
Aug 20, 2006 at 4:53 PM
Hi, beginner me again, I only have Visual Web Developer Express and i guess i'll need Visual C# Express to compile Sharpmap... i tried to download the binaries but they must be an old version as i get:
CS0117: 'SharpMap.Layers.LabelLayer' does not contain a definition for 'MultipartGeometryBehaviour'

Are the latest binaries available for download?
Aug 20, 2006 at 7:01 PM
Actually yes. A production release was uploaded today.
Aug 21, 2006 at 8:49 AM
I have dowloaded the latest version and still get the message below when trying to open Default.aspx or Simple.aspx

CS0117: 'SharpMap.Layers.LabelLayer' does not contain a definition for 'MultipartGeometryBehaviour'

It surely is my fault so i would appreciate if you pointed me in the right direction.

Aug 21, 2006 at 10:49 AM
Sounds like you are mixing new demo-code with some old binaries. MultipartGeometryBehaviour is fairly new feature.
Aug 21, 2006 at 11:05 AM
Ok, i'll try dowloading again

Runtime Binaries

And see if that fixes the problem... I dont have visual studio to compile.

Thanks again.