Example 1: Adding 1 layer to the Map
In the step you will add a layer to the mapcontrol created in the first step of the tutorial.
1. Add a reference to SharpMap.dll if it's not already added
2. Open the code for the form by right-clicking the form and choose "View Code"
3. Add the following code to the constructor of the form
(The data: states_ugl.shp is located in the zip on the tutorial overview page)
public partial class Form1 : Form
SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer vlay = new SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer("States");
vlay.DataSource = new SharpMap.Data.Providers.ShapeFile("path_to_data\\states_ugl.shp", true);
4. Run the application and you should now see the US states in the map
5. Set the Active tool to Pan
mapBox1.ActiveTool = SharpMap.Forms.MapBox.Tools.Pan;
6. Run the application again and you should now be able to pan and zoom (by scrolling the mouse-wheel) in the map